Friday, August 31, 2012

Why I love Pinterest


Alstroemeria
I am huge picture nerd. I love looking at them and taking them and sharing them with people. I am attracted to splashes of color and the contrast of black and white pictures. I am also always looking for new ideas whether it is for the flower shop, my class work, or even just books to read. I love discovering nuggets of information that I can share with others as if it were a treasure from a lost pirate ship. Its one of the reason I wanted to start this blog at David Swesey Florist.

Taken from Pinterest.
Some of you may have heard of a new social media site called Pinterest. Unlike Facebook or Twitter which is more about communication, Pinterest allows its users to share information that they find on the internet. You can also search throughout their categories and see what is currently trending on the site. You can also see what your friends are finding. We have had a number of brides come in recently that have gotten ideas from Pinterest.

Once you find something, you pin it to boards that you have created like a virtual Bulletin Board. This helps you organize all the ideas that you amass. You can have boards for clothing, food, health, books, pictures of celebrities, music videos, flowers, and any resources for school that you might find.

Word Of Warning: Pinterest is hugely addicting. It is like opening a bag of chips...you can't only have one. Once you start pinning, it will be really hard to stop. But, oh, is it so much fun.

Taken from Pinterest
For those of you that do not have Pinterest, here is the link again. Here is a link to one of my boards called Florist's Child.

Happy Pinning!
Jennie
Staffer and Pinterest Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment