Monday, June 3, 2013

The Earth Laughs in Flowers

One of my favorite quotes for the Flower Shop to use for newsletters, Facebook, emails, etc., is
"[The] earth laughs in flowers."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
This quote says everything that I feel about my job. Flowers are fun, festive, and spunky. Most of the people that I have delivered flowers to have been excited to get an arrangement. They look joyful and pleased that someone has thought of them.

I agree with Mr.Emerson. If flowers were to be any sort of expression of the earth, they would be laughter. Pure, exuberant, throw-your-head-back, wildly musical laughter. Flowers are great that way. They are care free and spirited.



White and purple Calla lilies. 

My favorite color hydrangea: White!

Mixed arrangement: a semi paved.


Well we are currently in the process of rearranging the store. It's time to give the store a face-lift now that it is June. I will hopefully have some pictures of all the awesome tweaks and lifts that we are doing in the store. As always, you can take a look at the Pinterest board that goes along with this post by clicking here.
If you could only have one flower in an arrangement what would it be?

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful white and purple Calla lilies. I will also be ordering a bouquet of mixed arrangement for my sister’s birthday from an online Flower Delivery shop. Last time I had used their services and they had impressed me a lot with their quality services.

    ReplyDelete