Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Flower Love

I love flowers. 

I love looking through flower shops when my family goes on vacation and seeing what is trending in other areas. I love seeing different flowers come in and out of the store. I love seeing my mom and the other designers work on something lovely. I love seeing the smile on the faces of the people that I deliver arrangements to. 

I love that smile. It is like the smile children have on Christmas day. It is bright and full of joy. Joy because someone took time to send them an arrangement that will add color to their day. It is pure and golden which is refreshing to see in a world that is often accented in shades of gray.

We need a little color in our life. We need the sunshine and the rain to refresh our spirits. We need to stop and smell the roses, gardenias, lilies and any other flower that takes our fancy. We need to step out on a fall day and breath in that crisp air. Embrace the world without wondering if it will hug us back. We need simple reminders that we are still here to enjoy this life.


Maybe I am a little sentimental. Too much Jane Austin and Meg Ryan movies will do that to a girl. Perhaps the Green Glow plant-shine has finally gone to my head.  But I think that life is a little better when you have a vase of wildflowers to look at.  

What are some of your simple pleasures?

Jennie
Staffer
David Swesey Florist 

No comments:

Post a Comment